[lbo-talk] Tariq Ali at UCLA today

Yoshie Furuhashi critical.montages at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 17:56:30 PDT 2006

> Yoshie won't like what he [Tariq Ali] says about Iran - that it needs a major
> overhaul of its ruling structures.

Evidently you don't understand me. I actually think Iran needs a major overhaul of its ruling structures, to make it democratic if not secular (for democracy doesn't necessarily mean secularism unless the populace themselves are secular and want secularism, and imho, democracy takes precedence over secularism under most circumstances), and I've posted here and elsewhere how such an overhaul may come about. I don't know, however, what pathways for such a change Tariq Ali has in mind. -- Yoshie <http://montages.blogspot.com/> <http://mrzine.org> <http://monthlyreview.org/>