[lbo-talk] The God Delusion

Yoshie Furuhashi critical.montages at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 18:20:07 PDT 2006

I haven't read Sam Harris myself, but Alexander Saxton (who has his own book on religion out: <http://monthlyreview.org/rathp.htm>) says that Harris pretends to reject all religions and proceeds to "a vitriolic and _selective_ polemic against Islam." Then, to top it all off, he, no consistent naturalist, ends up peddling a wooly notion of spirituality. Who might eat up such an unappertizing mash? Saxton surmises: