[lbo-talk] Countering the Politics of Fear (was Tariq Ali at UCLA today)

Yoshie Furuhashi critical.montages at gmail.com
Sat Oct 28 18:20:42 PDT 2006

> On Oct 28, 2006, at 10:33 AM, Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:
>
> > Western leftists
>
> <yawn>
>
> Doug

I suppose "<yawn>" is meant to be slightly politer than Jesse's "gibberish"! I really appreciate the nuance. :->

But you fit into the category well and express its tendency toward the politics of fear, depending on topics. Just last month, you were suggesting that liberals were about to be cleansed from higher education in Iran, with a Cultural Revolution-scale upheaval soon to sweep the Iranian education system: Doug Henwood, "Cleansing Iran," <http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/pipermail/lbo-talk/Week-of-Mon-20060904/017079.html>.

-- Yoshie <http://montages.blogspot.com/> <http://mrzine.org> <http://monthlyreview.org/>