[lbo-talk] My interview w/ World Burns to Death

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 31 16:48:06 PST 2006

Here's an interview I did who I think are the best-going hardcore punk band around these days, Austin's World Burns to Death:

http://www.cultpunk.com/?p=95

Here's a taste:

Q: What do you all think of the phrase “Support Our Troops” and how it is used in this war?

Zac (guitarist): Another meaningless saying that seems to get a real rise out of the public. Kind of like “the power of pride.” What the fuck does that mean? It’s disturbing they can print up these goofy phrases on bumper stickers, show you their best footage on Fox News concealing the things they don’t want you to see, and the next thing you know 7 out of 10 cars on the road are sporting these slogans.

Jon (drummer): All that phrase is doing is asking people to support the unlawful murder that it going on in the Middle East. In case you or anyone else reading this didn’t know, this war is not new. It started long before March 20, 2003 or September 11, 2001. “War on Terror”–what a fucking joke.

Jack (vocalist): The phrase is a cop-out. The left use it as a justification for an anti-war stance. Begging for permission. So as not to be labeled anti-American. World Burns to Death does not ask for permission. We are anti-American. Fuck the troops. Bring them home in body bags. Fucking brainless murderers.

[...]

http://www.cultpunk.com/?p=95

-B.