[lbo-talk] Sistani, Elections, and Sectarianism (was Poll: They really don't want us there)

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 1 07:02:02 PDT 2006

--- joanna <123hop at comcast.net> wrote:

> This is nonsensical.
>
> Tony Soprano is a fictional character; heads of
> state are real people
> dealing with real events in real time.
>
> Communism is a word that doesn't mean jack shit
> until people try to make
> something real; when they do, you evaluate the
> outcome.
>
> Black and white thinking is good for adolescents,
> but silly for grownups.
>
> Joanna

---

Amen sister.

(Any suggestions out there as to how Putin could have gotten Russia out of its collapse by being a nice guy? Write nice memos to Berezovsky? Making big colorful peace balloons to prompt warm and fuzzy feelings in the hearts of attacking jihadists? I have never seen an alternative to the reintroduction of troops to Chechnya that makes any sense at all.)