[lbo-talk] Expropriate the Golf Courses!

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Fri Sep 1 08:07:30 PDT 2006

Joanna:

Ha. That reminds me of a wonderful George Carlin routine in which he likened watching golf to watching flies fuck and in which he recommended building housing for the homeless on all the golf courses.

[WS:] Yeah, this crosses my mind too each time I see such wasteful land use. However, my suggestion is turning this land to a more productive use, say, an agricultural cooperative in which the idlers formerly using this land for their pastime would be taught the virtues of productive work and collective land ownership (the homeless would benefit from this too.)

Wojtek