Re: [lbo-talk] Israeli Ðbermenschen

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Sep 2 09:01:15 PDT 2006

On Sep 2, 2006, at 11:25 AM, Angelus Novus wrote:

>> for the civilian
>> population to evacuate their homes and farms, then
>> bombing the
>> civilian infrastructure to rubble, spreading
>> thousands of mines
>> across cities and farms and for good measure
>> imposing a blockade on
>> the region.
>
> Until you demonstrate how this differs from other
> capitalist nation-states engaged in war

Or settlement. It's pretty odd to see someone writing from Tasmania, site of what's sometimes described as the only completely successful genocide in history, where they killed every last aborigine, talking about another country's Nazi problem. (And I write as someone from a country whose eugenics policies and Indian reservations inspired Hitler.)

Doug