[lbo-talk] Israeli Ðbermenschen

Michael J. Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Sat Sep 2 09:27:13 PDT 2006

On Saturday 02 September 2006 11:25, Angelus Novus wrote, inter multa similia:

> And we know what paragons of virtue the governments of
> the world are.

If I follow the Angel's celestial reasoning, it seems to run something like this: all bourgeois nation-states are bad, terrible insitutions. I, Angelus Novus, triple-distilled, international-standard, reagent-quality communist, looking out upon the squalid scene from my crystal bell-jar in the Deutsches Institut fuer Normung, can see no reason whatsoever to distinguish between Israel and, say, Liechtenstein. They're both bourgeois nation-states. Next case.

What this amounts to in practice, of course, is defense- attorneying; if Israel is no more of a problem than any other state, then nobody's entitled to have a problem with Israel. And all you people out there who do have such a problem are suffering from something "pathological"; putting a name to that pathology is left as an exercise for the reader.

New Angel is in fact engaged in the same line of work as Old Dershowitz, though Angel's dashing ultra-Commie Batman outfit is way kewler than the Dersh's Brahmin-wannabe turnout.

-- --Michael J. Smith --mjs at smithbowen.net

http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org