[lbo-talk] Israeli untermenschen

James Heartfield Heartfield at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Sep 3 12:48:20 PDT 2006

Bill Bartlett

> Of course, silly me. Israel only "kills people" and
> engages "in
> exclusionary practices against those who do not
> belong to the
> national collective."

Angelus Novus replies

"Like most nation-states, yes."

I would put the point stronger, since Israel is surely a nation-state in name only. Wasn't every step they took set out for them by their US advisors? I don't suppose that Condolleeza Rice was actually carrying the satellite photos of Hizbullah positions in her diplomatic bag when she went to the Middle East, but the US military definitely did give them over to the IDF.

Israel was acting as a proxy for Western policy in the region (which is particularly barking). Worse for them, they were something of a disappointment to the neo-cons who have left Olmert dangling in the wind.