[lbo-talk] López Obrador's speech - Mexico's City's Zócalo - 9/3/2006

Julio Huato juliohuato at gmail.com
Sun Sep 3 21:24:57 PDT 2006

I strongly recommend that you use Altavista's Babelfish or Google's Language Tools to translate and read López Obrador's latest speech. He is making a very audacious move, raising the stakes significantly, after the successful action taken by the congress people of the Coalición on 9/1. It's a very delicate moment, but I believe there's momentum. He's made a very well reasoned speech, setting the broad parameters of the struggle, and spelling out the kind of issues that the upcoming Convención Nacional Democrática (9/16/2006) is going to take up and resolve on. They are nothing short of a re-foundation of Mexico's entire political system.

The speech is here, in Spanish:

http://www.amlo.org.mx/noticias/discursos.html?id=55230