[lbo-talk] anti-imperialist statement for U.S. Labor Day march

Michael Pugliese michael.098762001 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 18:48:22 PDT 2006

http://maruta-us.livejournal.com/ your webpg.
>...In general, I don't read books more than once, although I've
probably done it with William Vollmann's "Rainbow Stories"--another favorite.

Well then to overcome your Cleaveresque valorization of revolutionary violence, I'd pick up Vollman's trilogy on revolutionary and counter-revolutionary violence, "Rising Up and Rising Down : Some Thoughts on Violence, Freedom and Urgent Means. Abridged in one volume as well, though the three volume set is beautifully bound and has tons of photos.

Vollman used to eat before her moved to Sacramento at my fave Vietnamese restaurant in The TL in S.F., "Tu Luan." He has a great scene there in one of his books of a Tenderloin t.v. prostitute attempting to stab a john there.

-- Michael Pugliese