[lbo-talk] re: meet the Mortgage Moms

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Tue Sep 5 10:16:02 PDT 2006

Doug:

I know it's hard to keep track of this nonsense, but I think Nascar Dads are always pretty Republican.

[WS:] But did not they used to be "bread and butter" Democrats before bread and butter took the back seat and ideology - or rather counter-liberal, counter-urban, and anti-intellectual reaction- became their driving force?

If this is the case, it isn't exactly nonsense, but rather an indicator of a trend: "post-modernity" or "post-materialism" slowly turning into "regression to fascism."

Wojtek