[lbo-talk] Gang of Four as critical theorists

Michael Hoover mhhoover at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 11:18:46 PDT 2006

On 9/4/06, B. <docile_body at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Nice. Saw Gang of Four last year on their reunion
> tour, after they oddly released a new recording of
> their old stuff. (Can you make a cover album of your
> own material?) At the show was harassed by a bouncer
> for taking pictures, was told by bouncer that the band
> did not want the audience to take their picture. I got
> 4 or 5, though.

i posted below to lbo at time of last year's release: gang of 4 pump up the commodification, original members cover themselves, 'new album' consisting of re-recorded versions of gof4 'classics', who better to record a gang of 4 tribute cd than, well, gang of four... http://www.flashenhanced.com/gangoffour/ mh