[lbo-talk] Mo oil, mo oil, mo oil ...

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Tue Sep 5 15:33:16 PDT 2006

Doug wrote:

>On Sep 5, 2006, at 3:14 PM, Jordan Hayes wrote:
>
>>Successful Test Well in Gulf of Mexico Means U.S. Oil Reserves
>>Could Grow More Than 50 Percent
>
>Uh-oh, what will the Peaksters do?

Just point out the facts (1) that M. King Hubbert predicted that US oil production would peak in the 1970s and (2) that, even on the most optimistic assumptions about when this new field will reach full production, US output will still be far below its 1970s level.

Shane Mage

"When we read on a printed page the doctrine of Pythagoras that all things are made of numbers, it seems mystical, mystifying, even downright silly.

When we read on a computer screen the doctrine of Pythagoras that all things are made of numbers, it seems self-evidently true." (N. Weiner)