[lbo-talk] Re: 25 Best Musicals

BklynMagus magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Wed Sep 6 06:38:40 PDT 2006

Dear List:

Joanna writes:

> That list is missing "Silk Stockings" . . .

As well as Mamoulian's sublime LOVE ME TONIGHT

> . . . and "Damn Yankees."

And THE PAJAMA GAME. But Donen did not do too badly on the list. He came away with three.

> Also Nicole Kidman can't dance, act, or sing, which
means that "Moulin Rouge" should not be on that list.

Agreed. I am not even sure it is a movie as I understand the term.

But then you have the age old question: what is a musical? I think A STAR IS BORN is one, even though its leading man (James Mason) neither sings nor dances in the movie.

Brian