[lbo-talk] Paris Loves Lovers

BklynMagus magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Wed Sep 6 11:27:27 PDT 2006

Here are Cole Porter lyrics to add to today's accrual.

Brian

PARIS LOVES LOVERS

Gaze on those glist'ning lights Below and above, Oh, what night of nights For people in love. No city but this, my friend, No city I know Gives romance Such a chance To grow and grow.

Paris loves lovers, For lovers it's heaven above. Paris tell lovers, "Love is supreme, Wake up your dream And make love!" Only in Paris one discovers, The urge to merge With the spurge Of the spring. Paris loves lovers, For lovers know that Love is Ev'ry- Thing.

Stevie Canfield: Paris

Ninotchka: Capitalistic

Stevie Canfield: Loves lovers,

Ninotchka: Characteristic,

Stevie Canfield: For lovers

Ninotchka: Sensualistic,

Stevie Canfield: It's heaven above.

Ninotchka: They should be atheistic.

Stevie Canfield: Paris

Ninotchka: Imperialistic,

Stevie Canfield: Tells lovers,

Ninotchka: I'm pessimistic,

Stevie Canfield: "Love is supreme, Wake up your dream And make love!"

Ninotchka: That's anti-communistic.

Stevie Canfield: Only Paris

Ninotchka: Militaristic,

Stevie Canfield: One discovers

Ninotchka: You're optimistic.

Stevie Canfield: The urge to merge With the spurge Of the spring.

Ninotchka: Bourgeois propaganda!

Stevie Canfield: Paris

Ninotchka: Unrealistic,

Stevie Canfield: Loves lovers, For lovers know that Love

Ninotchka: Is individualistic.

Stevie Canfield: Is ev'-

Ninotchka: And not at all collectivistic.

Stevie Canfield: Ry thing.

Ninotchka: But a low totalitarianistic thing!