[lbo-talk] Mexico nearing violence?

Jim Farmelant farmelantj at juno.com
Wed Sep 6 12:53:42 PDT 2006

On Wed, 06 Sep 2006 17:55:00 +0000 "Carl Remick" <carlremick at hotmail.com> writes:
> [I suppose this should appear in the "completely confused" thread,
> since I
> don't understand why there has been so little mention on the list of
> the
> momentous events taking place in Mexico. Maybe they'll make a
> musical out
> of the Calderon-Obrador showdown and it will get some notice around
> here
> ;-)]

Probably because the Calderon-Obrador showndown hasn't been getting a whole lot of attention in the US media, which is probably just as well. If we should start seeing a whole of coverage on this in the corporate-owned media, you can rest assure that this would be a sign that our good friends in Washington were now contemplating some sort of military intervention in Mexico. It's an ill wind indeed that blows no good. One of the benefits of the quagmire in Iraq has been to reduce the Administration's options for engaging in military interventions elsewhere. Just as Hugo Chavez about that.