[lbo-talk] Oil Is A Renewable Resource! Take That, You Peaksters!

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Sep 6 13:13:11 PDT 2006

jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net wrote:

[clip]
> Cockburn loves big old cars, so he wants global warming not to be
> true. And he also likes to blame pollution on corporations, which
> would let the drivers of gas-guzzlers off the hook.

They were never on the hook anyhow. Isolated individuals have no responsibility for utilizing whatever transportation is most useful and enjoyable for the isolated individual. If and when there is a mass militant campaign to win a decent public transportation system and to outlaw plane flights of less than 1500 miles, then we can blame people for not joing that struggle.

Carrol