[lbo-talk] Oil Is A Renewable Resource! Take That, You Peaksters!

Andy F andy274 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 03:39:21 PDT 2006

On 9/6/06, ravi <gadfly at exitleft.org> wrote:

> I think the commitment arises from two lines of thought: one, that
> accepting that resources are limited permits imposing draconian measures
> of control and apportioning which inevitably further deprives the
> underprivileged; second, that resource exhaustion is not a "real"
> (pragmatic) issue of concern and is only a theoretical truth, a limiting
> case.

Usually the ideological commitment to denying resource exhaustion seems to be a big-tent Republican thing (capitalist libertarians to Bushian whackjobs). I can see why libertarians would get upset about the notion of use restrictions and planning, and conclude that the conditions requiring don't exist. The others... I dunno. Are dittoheads? Figure Jeebus is coming, so it's ok?

-- Andy