[lbo-talk] Weltexportmeister lbo-talk

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Thu Sep 7 05:34:11 PDT 2006

Angelus Novus

Daniel Davies wrote:
>There must be a whole world of as yet
> untapped mailing lists that
> would love to have a really nasty flamewar about
> American labour unions or the
> transformation problem and we're hardly making the
> effort at all.

Yes, let's have a flame war about the transformation problem! I am up for it if Charles and Yoshie are. Somebody invite Rakesh Bhandari.

^^^^

CB: Hey , don't we all agree on the transformation problem ? I could see discussing transhumanism.

Some transhumanists should demonstrate in favor of Barry Bonds' right to use steroids to enhance his home run power :>)

Transhumanism
>From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Natasha Vita-More's Primo is an artistic depiction of a hypothetical posthuman of transhumanist speculation.Transhumanism (sometimes abbreviated
>H or H+) is an international intellectual and cultural movement supporting
the use of new sciences and technologies to enhance human cognitive and physical abilities and ameliorate what it regards as undesirable and unnecessary aspects of the human condition, such as disease and aging. Transhumanist thinkers study the possibilities and consequences of developing and using human enhancement techniques and other emerging technologies for these purposes. Possible dangers, as well as benefits, of powerful new technologies that might radically change the conditions of human life are also of concern to the transhumanist movement.[1]

Although the first known use of the term "transhumanism" dates from 1957, the contemporary meaning is a product of the 1980s, when a group of scientists, artists, and futurists based in California began to organize what has since grown into the transhumanist movement. Transhumanist thinkers postulate that human beings will eventually be transformed into beings with such greatly expanded abilities as to merit the label "posthuman".[1]

The transhumanist vision of a profoundly transformed future humanity has attracted many supporters as well as critics from a wide range of perspectives. Transhumanism has been described by a proponent as the "movement that epitomizes the most daring, courageous, imaginative, and idealistic aspirations of humanity,"[2] while according to a prominent critic, it is the world's most dangerous idea.[3]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transhumanism

Barry Bonds
>From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Barry Lamar Bonds (born July 24, 1964 in Riverside, California) is a left fielder for Major League Baseball's San Francisco Giants. He holds many MLB records, including most home runs in a single season (73) and is second on the all-time career home runs list at 730, trailing only Hank Aaron's National League total of 733 and his career total of 755. Bonds is generally thought of as being one of the top hitters of all time on a list including legends such as Ted Williams, Babe Ruth, Rogers Hornsby and Ty Cobb. He is considered by many to be one of the best all around players in the history of baseball, and is regarded by many followers of baseball as the greatest player of all time.

Since 2003, Bonds has been a key figure at the center of the BALCO scandal, and a number of journalists have alleged that Bonds used steroids or other performance-enhancing substances, despite the fact that Bonds has never failed a drug test. To date Bonds has not been charged with any crime in connection with the BALCO incident. Additionally, a recent grand jury retired without issuing a single indictment http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barry_Bonds