[lbo-talk] anti-Kinky (Friedman, not sex)

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 7 14:18:03 PDT 2006

Actually, this is a fundamental puzzle in political science. If the costs of voting are more than trivial (and they ofen are -- campaigning in Ohio in 2004 I saw people stand for hours waiting to vote) and the likihood that voting will have any effect is negligible, which is certainly true, marginally speaking, only the last vote that tips the balance actually counts, why do presumptively rational people bother?