[lbo-talk] Re: riffraff

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Sep 7 15:29:59 PDT 2006

On Sep 7, 2006, at 5:01 PM, Daniel Davies wrote:

> the group centred round Norman Geras and the "Euston Manifesto"
> which departed from (IMO) reality at the point at which someone
> convinced them
> that the invasion of Iraq was a really good way to promote the
> ideas of liberal
> democracy.

Since I don't read these wankers, I have to ask - do they still believe this? Or do they follow the George Packer* line that the invasion was a good concept badly executed?

Doug

----

*I saw George Packer at a party the other week, and to my eternal discredit, I didn't give him a hard time. I'm sorry.