[lbo-talk] anti-Kinky (Friedman, not sex)

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Thu Sep 7 18:23:34 PDT 2006

Michael McIntyre wrote:
> We can extend this problem a bit. Not only does my individual vote not
> have a chance of swaying the election, but my individual vote plus the
> votes of everyone I might sway do not matter. Even if I could convince
> everyone on LBO-talk to support the Dems (or not), those votes would
> have no consequences. Even if I could convince everyone on the
> non-Dem-voting Left to vote for the Dems (or the Dem-voting Left to vote
> non-Dem), those votes, taken together, would have no consequences.
> Nonetheless, LBO-talk and every similar Left formation in the country
> works itself up into a lather every fourth year about whether or not to
> support the Dems this time. I usually try to convince people that this
> is wasted breath. It never convinces anyone. So we merrily eat up time
> and bandwidth, Justin not-so-merrily (but nonetheless dutifully) goes
> off to Ohio, and I even wasted some time to find out who the SP was
> putting up this year, even though I knew that vote would /literally/ not
> be counted. Of course, by this measure, writing this post was
> irrational....

Guys, the ruling class doesn't give a fuck if the members of the LBO-talk list vote or not. So stop wasting your time with voting.

George Bush is coming to Kansas City tomorrow. He's actually visiting the home of an executive with the Russell Stover candy company. If you don't like Bush, you may want to boycott Russell Stover candy.

Anyway, the local spineless liberal anti-war movement is mobilizing a protest. Of course, the liberals in Kansas City are so fucking pathetic that they contacted the police department ahead of time to give the police advance warning about their protest. That's right, a group of people who are upset with Bush's fascist policies are incapable of exercising their basic human rights without getting permission from the police department. They've also asked the police department if it would be ok to protest in the median of a boulevard near the Bush fundraiser.

I'm not sure if this is tied to tomorrow's protest or one that happened a while back, but my source tells me that the KCMO antiwar liberals told the police to have 3 arrest vans available to deal with "rowdy" protesters. These would be outside agitators, of course, not grovelling peaceful liberals who step off the sidewalk into the street.

What's the matter with Kansas? When your party is made up of spineless, pathetic people who grovel for their rights, don't be surprised if everybody kicks you in the teeth.

Chuck