[lbo-talk] Re: riffraff

Stephen E Philion philion at hawaii.edu
Thu Sep 7 19:59:12 PDT 2006

ep 7, 2006, at 5:01 PM, Daniel Davies wrote:

> the group centred round Norman Geras and the "Euston Manifesto"
> which departed from (IMO) reality at the point at which someone
> convinced them
> that the invasion of Iraq was a really good way to promote the
> ideas of liberal
> democracy.

Since I don't read these wankers, I have to ask - do they still believe this? Or do they follow the George Packer* line that the invasion was a good concept badly executed?

Doug

--Geras is a true believer in the potential of US imperialism to rid the world of capitalist inequaity. He stands by the US invasion and US occupation of Iraq as much today as he did at the start.

Steve

Stephen Philion Assistant Professor Department of Sociology and Anthropology St. Cloud State University St. Cloud, MN

http://stephenphilion.efoliomn2.com/