[lbo-talk] Watching Bush on tv tonight...

Yoshie Furuhashi critical.montages at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 05:41:55 PDT 2006

> On Sep 8, 2006, at 2:44 AM, Chuck Grimes wrote:
>
> > All day, I've been thinking about the basic idea that there is no war
> > on terrorism, because there are no terrorists and no terrorism.
>
> Check out my interview with John Mueller <http://
> www.leftbusinessobserver.com/Radio.html#060831>: you're more likely
> to die by drowning in a bathtub than in a terorist attack.

If only you as well as many other Americans had thought like John Mueller in 2001!

Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

>They aren't fighting terrorism, though. The "war on terrorism" is
>just a rhetoric, like the "war on drugs."

Well who attacked the WTC then?

Doug <http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/2001/2001-October/021979.html></blockquote>

Lou Paulsen wrote:

>On this list there seems to be a relatively high proportion of people whom,
>in relation to this war, I would classify as belonging to the "ladder of
>force left".

A bunch of people that have demonstrated themselves capable of stunning acts of violence have resolved to kill lots of Americans. That would include you, Yoshie, Carrol, even Lou Proyect. There's no class warrior exemption (actually they don't like Communists very much, so American Communists are doubly doomed). Does this bother you at all? Or are you willing to take a spore for the anti-empire?

Doug

<http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/2001/2001-October/022481.html></blockquote> -- Yoshie <http://montages.blogspot.com/> <http://mrzine.org> <http://monthlyreview.org/>