[lbo-talk] 9/11 nuttery

jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 8 15:29:56 PDT 2006

On 8 Sep 2006 at 9:04, Doug Henwood forwarded:

> Beat the devil by Alexander Cockburn
> The 9/11 Conspiracy Nuts
>
> The operative word here is "should." One central characteristic of
> the nuts is that they have a devout, albeit preposterous, belief in
> American efficiency, and hence many of them start with the racist
> premise that "Arabs in caves" weren't capable of the mission.

I get so sick of reading that conspiracist are inheriently racist. It is equally as racist to continue to say that this attack only succeeded because the white guys fucked up. The Arabs were lucky that US plans for dealing with such things went awry.

How about another narrative. Several intelligent men learned how to perform a difficult task rather quickly and other intelligent men planned this attack and Arabs simply outsmarted the white guys. The Arabs in question don't have to be stupid or lucky to be successful they might just have been intelligent and dedicated enough.

John Thornton