[lbo-talk] Oil Is A Renewable Resource! Take That, You Peaksters!

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 9 13:38:39 PDT 2006

It may or may not be related, but we set a record for 100+ degree weather here in Texas over the Summer, something like 40+ consecutive days. Not very fun.

And I was watching a bad b-movie the other night, Squirm, from 1976, which featured southern belles complaining about how hot it was -- it had "reached 90 degrees." That was absolutely atrocious, according to them, as they wiped their moist brows with rags.

-B.

Doug Henwood wrote:

"Yeah, it's god telling us Americans we can continue to be profligate without end! Climate change? Fuck it, just get a stronger air conditioner."