[lbo-talk] bagels/ethnicity

Joel Schalit managingeditor at tikkun.org
Sat Sep 9 15:07:26 PDT 2006

Noah's are responsible for the destruction of bagel culture in the US. The entire idea of chocolate and blueberry bagels is entirely due to them. Its all so Bay Area. The single best OG bagel I've ever had was in Montreal. They're absolutely huge, and without any flavor additives. My old man, who went to school there in the late '40s, says that the bagels in MTL have always been like this, and that its a direct import from eastern Europe. No Godzilla characteristics.