[lbo-talk] bagels/ethnicity

Sean Andrews cultstud76 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 9 20:38:51 PDT 2006

> I look forward to the time when Mexicans and Japanese
> own the pizza places here. Then maybe it will get interesting again.
>
> Jerry

Near George Mason in Fairfax, VA there is a very good bagel shop run by a family from El Salvador. The owner used to work for the New Yorkers who he bought it from. I haven't noticed any changes in terms of the food on offer or the way the bagels are made. But I often wonder if he could offer any assistance to the place next door, a mexican restaurant owned by Anglos: the food there is overpriced and barely passes as tex mex.