[lbo-talk] Alan Wolfe, military groupie

Michael Pugliese michael.098762001 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 10 10:52:56 PDT 2006

On 9/10/06, Michael Hoover <mhhoover at gmail.com> wrote:can't imagine why it doesn't include: and former member of the Kapitalistate collective (some listers may recall journal Kapitalistate from 1970s, was one i really liked)... mh

Still have a few issues. Michael Kimmel, sociologist now at Rutgers IIRC, taught for a yr. at UCSC. He handled the mailing of Kapitalistate once when a grad student. Zbig Brzezinski was a subscriber when NSC advisor to Carter. Copy went to 1600 Pensylvania Ave.

For all the sophistication deployed in Kapitalistate it had nada effect on left activism, unfortunately. Otherwise we wouldn't have a large portion of left activists believing in conspiracy theories.Not that everyone should struggle through Poulantzas, Offe, Miliband, Bob Jessups, "The Capitalist state, " even the orthodox, "StaMoCap, " "logic capital" German state derivationists, " (noted here, http://www.webcom.com/artefact/ccfbdspf/ccfbdsp5.html , "Critique of competitive freedom and the bourgeois-democratic state 5. The Analysis of the Bourgeois-Democratic State, " by Michael Eldred) like I did at UCSC, but talk with the average politico chanting slogans and you won't find 1 in a 100 aware of any of the neo-marxist theorizing about the capitalist state from the 70's and 80's.

-- Michael Pugliese