[lbo-talk] Smart brown people...

ravi gadfly at exitleft.org
Sun Sep 10 18:32:09 PDT 2006

At around 10/9/06 9:24 pm, joanna wrote:

> The diaspora of Arab Jews back to Israel followed on the heels of 48 and
> the disposession of the Palestinians. It is also the result of terrorist
> actions on the part of Israel to make Jews feel unsafe in the rest of
> the Middle East. This happened in Iraq for a fact.

So, you think Yoshie wasn't being sarcastic? I thought she was!

> As for the Jews in the middle east, they were historically safer there
> than anywhere else in the world up till 48 except perhaps in the U.S.

I saw a documentary the other day with an interview of a leader of Jewish groups in India, who mentioned that through their long presence in India, they might have been the only group who did not face [systematic or large scale] discrimination. FWIW.

--ravi

-- Support something better than yourself: ;-) PeTA: http://www.peta.org/ GreenPeace: http://www.greenpeace.org/ If you have nothing better to do: http://platosbeard.org/