[lbo-talk] CoX on Iran and Russia

parthasarathy kalalesrinivasaranga kalalepsarathy at gmail.com
Sun Sep 10 21:35:15 PDT 2006

There is a confusion. Anti US is actaully anti US establishment in control of State. People who are anti US are not not anti US people. They pity the good democratic people of US that they do not know know how to bring into power a goverment whihc is really democratic andf peaceloving.

It is inevitable one mentions US when one speaks of eimperialist block as that block is headed by US State. Other members of that block do not know how to act independantly.

US cannot dismount from this position easily. Its entire economic life is made dpendant/conditional on this situation continuing without getting resolved. If Munroe Doctrine wanted the world to keep of its hemisphere, what is wrong if we demand US keep of other areas? At least that is an agreement. But can military power be the final arbiter in all these matters. That is not so is slowly getting confirmed. Hope better sense prevails with future leaders of US.

We could have suggested a concilliatory talk with Al Qaida but US policy has converted the whole scene into a faceless war and we do not know with whom to talk. Even if Bin Laden and Jawahiri are arrested this will not end the stife. That would demand dismantling of the terror net work. That would mean not supporting the dicatorial fundamentalist regimes anywhere not because they are muslims but because they are dictators. This stress is important.

-- kalalepsarathy