[lbo-talk] burying the lede

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Sep 12 08:33:31 PDT 2006

On Sep 11, 2006, at 11:09 AM, Carrol Cox wrote:

> If this explanation of the Post action is correct (with its
> implication
> that the running of the news stories today was a conscious political
> decision), then we have one more illustration of the unity at the very
> top levels of ruling class circles on the necessity of maintaining
> u.s.
> military presence in Iraq.

While I'm waiting for an answer to the question of why the Post ran the story at all (or why someone leaked it to them), I'll add that the New York Times ran a follow-up today, and on the front page. Maybe the NYT isn't in tune with what "the very top levels of ruling class circles" are thinking.

Doug