[lbo-talk] 9/11 nuttery going mainstream

Jerry Monaco monacojerry at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 20:53:22 PDT 2006

On 9/13/06, Chuck <chuck at mutualaid.org> wrote:

> Jerry Monaco wrote:
>

> And I'll note that I've read new articles this week that have made
> similar points about racism and the 9/11 movement.

Who cares if similar points are being made by others. They agree with you great. Please show me the actual evidence where these 9/11 conspiracy storytellers are engaging in racist speech, orientalism, ethnocentrism, or implying that "Arabs" are too stupid to pull of 9/11. There maybe a few but as far as I can see Griffin and Scott are pretty anti-racist in their basic thrust. Maybe I am wrong. But if you, or anyone else, will actually point to specific passages of their writing or reference specific incidents of racism, then I will change my mind. The racism charge is beside the point.

Or let's put it differently. Do you truly think that those who believe in all of those 9/11 conspiracy stories are more racists than society U.S. society at large? Maybe your point is then that no matter what USers believe it will have some kind of racist underpinning. Bush's belief's have a racist underpinning and so does Ted Kennedy's. And no doubt there is some sort of unthinking racism in you and me also. So it is possible that some kind of racism predisposes us to certain ways of thinking. But I don't find that it is any more prominent among 9/11 storytellers, than among the rest of us.

Jerry

Just show me the evidence. -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20060913/2fe71719/attachment.htm>