identity (Re: [lbo-talk] Tony Judt on the death of liberalism inAmerica)

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 14 12:50:58 PDT 2006

>From: Eric <rayrena at realtime.net>
>
>I don't get this obsession over AN's anonymity. People have all sorts of
>reasons for remaining anonymous, not least because revealing their name can
>fuck with their ability to feed, clothe, and shelter themselves and/or
>their dependents.

AN's anonymity has a stagey portentousness that is quite irritating. As someone not unfamiliar with the black arts of publicity, I'd say this enigmatic air that AN cultivates has everything to do with self-promotion and nothing to do with self-preservation.

Now, please excuse the fact that I must remain nameless to escape the clutches of the overposting police.

"The Scarlet Pimpernel"

We seek him here, we seek him there. / Those Frenchies seek him everywhere. Is he in heaven -- is he in hell? / That damned elusive Pimpernel?

-- Sir Percy Blakeney