[lbo-talk] Turkey to buy 30 F16s - airforce chief

uvj at vsnl.com uvj at vsnl.com
Thu Sep 14 15:09:09 PDT 2006

Reuters.com

Turkey to buy 30 F16s - airforce chief http://today.reuters.com/news/articleinvesting.aspx?view=CN&storyID=2006-08-30T182206Z_01_L30897410_RTRIDST_0_TURKEY-ARMS-F16-URGENT.XML&rpc=66&type=qcna

Wed Aug 30, 2006

ANKARA, Aug 30 (Reuters) - NATO-member Turkey will purchase 30 F16 fighter jets as part of a plan to modernise its military, the chief of the air force said on Wednesday.

"We will purchase 30 F16s until 2011. We are still trying to find the funds but I don't think that will be a problem," Air force chief General Faruk Comert told reporters during a Victory Day celebration.

The jets are made by the U.S. firm Lockheed Martin (LMT.N: Quote, Profile, Research).

� Reuters 2006. All Rights Reserved.