identity (Re: [lbo-talk] Tony Judt on the death of liberalism inAmerica)

Angelus Novus fuerdenkommunismus at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 15 07:00:35 PDT 2006

I don't want to spend anymore time on such a meta-discussion, so my last word on this is will be the following:

Leninology is also a recently posting list member who remains anonymous. The fact that nobody seems bothered by his anonymity seems proof that the issue is not my anonymity, but rather what I say.

And as far as attention seeking, it is others who call attention to my anonymity. If someone sincerely thinks I am a troll, then it would seem to me that ignoring a troll would be the best course of action. But Dennis and Carrol resort to the strange method of openly claiming that they are ignoring me. That is rather akward, because feigning disinterest in real life, one can resort to non-verbal gestures. To feign disinterest on an e-mail discussion list, one must openly proclaim that one is now "ignoring." ;-)