[lbo-talk] RE: Mail crooks and paypal

Michael Doyle ekim0002 at excite.com
Sat Sep 16 02:32:36 PDT 2006

Called "phishing"
>From my experience last december, report to spoof at paypal.com
m doyle

"From: webform at paypal.com

Thank you for contacting PayPal.

The email notification that you received asking you to update your account information was not sent by PayPal. If you have surrendered financial or password information to a suspicious email or website, promptly report this to the issuing institution as well as change your password and security answers on your PayPal account. This can be completed in the Profile section of your account.

Please forward any contact information and/or emails from this individual to PayPal at spoof at paypal.com

At PayPal, we care about the security of your account and financial information, therefore, we offer Security Tips that allow us to work together to protect your account against fraud.

To view PayPal's 'Security Tips', click Security Center located at the bottom of any PayPal webpage.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us again."

Jean-Christophe Helary wrote: I just got a mail pretending to come from Paypal, asking me to confirm my account info. The site I went to is obviously very suspicious but I have no idea where to report them. Any idea ? Jean-Christophe Helary

_______________________________________________ Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com The most personalized portal on the Web!