[lbo-talk] Re: Eisenstein and Anger [as in Kenneth]

Brian Charles Dauth magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Sat Sep 16 23:18:49 PDT 2006

Dear List:

> But in his entire career, he never made a movie as good as "M"

Lifeboat? Notorious? Rear Window? To Catch a Thief?

To name just four?

> . . . and, in fact, the more "mature" he got, the more trivial his movies

got.

How are masterpieces like Frenzy and Family Plot trivial? Is there a greater dissection/critique of male power and social instability than Frenzy?

> I grant he always provided an excellent emotional roller coaster

ride. But that was it.

And how many other directors can you say this of over as long a period as Hitchcock did and for so many films?

Brian Dauth Queer Buddhist Resister