[lbo-talk] Divide and Conquer (This time in English: Spiegel on Germany/Near East)

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 18 08:06:51 PDT 2006

--- Yoshie Furuhashi <critical.montages at gmail.com> wrote:

> The ruling class of Nippon had a chance but blew it.
> :->
>
> I just watched Quentin Tarantino's Kill Bill
> belatedly. In it Oren, a
> Chinese-American-Japanese female gangster boss (who
> has earlier
> beheaded a Japanese male gangster who challenged her
> right to rule on
> account of her being part Chinese and part
> American), gets the top of
> her head cut off by a white American girl wielding a
> sword made by a
> master Japanese bladesmith. Is that not an apt
> visual metaphor for
> the chosen destiny of the Japanese ruling class?

I cannot figure the Japanese out. This is an ancient culture, with an IMPERIAL history no less, that is for some reason seemingly content to just sit on the sidelines dicking around and shooting itself in the foot for no good reason. It's madness. It's a rich country, high technology, and there is no conceivable military threat as long as Mechagodzilla is operational. Arise, Nippon, arise! If Germany can get over the Insane Cult of WWII Guilt, you sure as hell can too! It's been 60 years! Upward and onward! ;)