[lbo-talk] Night Watch

Matt lbo4 at beyondzero.net
Mon Sep 18 10:53:14 PDT 2006

On Sat, Sep 16, 2006 at 05:11:05AM -0700, Chris Doss wrote:

[...]

> Night Watch (the book) has just been translated into
> English, by the way:
>
> The Moscow Times
>
> Seize the Night
>
> Sergei Lukyanenko's novel "Night Watch" was a favorite
> in Russia long before it became a blockbuster film.
> Now English speakers can finally judge the original
> for themselves.
>
> By Jeff Parker
> Published: September 15, 2006

Chris - thanks for the recommendation. I watched the movie this weekend and it was incredibly well done, better than most passing for SciFi/Horror coming out of Holywood these days. I ordered the novel too. :)

Between Tatu and these books/films US Pop Culture hegemony may have met its match....

Matt

-- PGP RSA Key ID: 0x1F6A4471 aim: beyondzero123 PGP DH/DSS Key ID: 0xAFF35DF2 icq: 120941588 http://blogdayafternoon.com yahoo msg: beyondzero123

Thou art God and I am God and all that groks is God, and I am all that I have ever been or seen or felt or experienced.

-Mike