[lbo-talk] Transdnestr for independence, union with Russia - referendum

Peter Lavelle untimely_thoughts at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 18 11:44:39 PDT 2006

Well Chris, I work with a lot of Georgians at Russia Today. My executive producer is and one of my best friends. She is a wonderful person and simply hates how Russian-Georgian relations have gone south. I have to agree. It is the current leadership in Georgia - aligning itself with the Bush people - that has soured everything. Shamefully, Saakashvili has never asked the South Ossetians or the Abkhazians if they want to be part of NATO or the EU (other even be part of Georgia!!!!) Who in the West knows this? We have our free and fair media in America to thank for this sad state of affairs. It boggles the mind......

Chris Doss <lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com> wrote:

--- Peter Lavelle wrote:
> 5. All three simply feel stronger ties with Russia
> - esp Transdnestr (Abkhazians and Ossetians simply
> hate Georgians.

I think pretty much everybody in the Caucasus hates Georgians. They are not a popular bunch of people. Chechens really hate them.

--------------------------------- How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messenger’s low PC-to-Phone call rates. -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20060918/fca5689a/attachment.htm>