[lbo-talk] Watching Bush on tv tonight...

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Wed Sep 20 07:39:16 PDT 2006

Evidence to support this idea can be gathered from Doug's interview with Moazzam Begg, author of "Enemy Combatant" - .d.

--------

Thanks. But I am still running a 133Mh pentium with no sound. Anyway, this excerpt from the book link is good enough for now:

``During the first few weeks there seemed to be no more than 20 or so detainees in the entire building. But every few days I saw new ones trickle in. The cell I was in first - number four - contained only four other people: a Tajik doctor, an Iranian student, and two Afghani taxi drivers. In cell five, to my left, I could see six people, including an aged Afghan, an old Palestinian, a Saudi, an Egyptian and someone I assumed was African, but soon knew was a fellow Briton, Richard Belmar. Although talking was strictly forbidden, I did manage to exchange a few words with him, and have brief conversations with the Tajik and the Iranian - in Urdu...''

CG