[lbo-talk] The Chavez Bounce: Chomsky No. 5 On Amazon

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 21 10:55:53 PDT 2006

>From: mike larkin <mike_larkin2001 at yahoo.com>
>>Subject: [lbo-talk] The Chavez Bounce: Chomsky No. 5 On Amazon
>
>http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/new-for-you/top-sellers/-/books/all/ref=sv_b_2/102-5293097-2414514?%5Fencoding=UTF8

Pretty good for a dead guy. BTW, when Chávez said at a news conference that one of his greatest regrets was not getting to meet Chomsky before he died, was this a joke -- i.e., a suggestion that anyone with the temerity to make Chomsky's claims about the US would of course get bumped off by the government? Chávez seems to be an exceptionally deft communicator -- unlike, say, a certain Supreme Pontiff of the Universal Church whom I can think of -- so I wouldn't be surprised if this were jest.

Carl