[lbo-talk] Chomsky: Dershowitz is a remarkable liar and slanderer, an extreme opponent of elementary civil rights

Colin Brace cb at lim.nl
Fri Sep 22 03:40:53 PDT 2006

On 9/21/06, Jerry Monaco <monacojerry at gmail.com> wrote:

> Given Dershowitz's excessive self-aggrandisement, profound ignorance of
> facts, extensive plagiarism, which if committed by a law student might have
> led to dismissal from school, inability to actually construct an argument, I
> think that Chomsky is rather mild in his response to the Dersh.

The one thing Dershowitz seems to have going for him is his tenacity and aggressivity. I recently watched the Finkelstein-Dershowitz debate on Democracy Now from a few years ago (the video is on Finkelstein's website), and Dersh steamrolled both NF and Amy Goodman. It was painful to watch. Is this what makes him a good lawyer?

--

Colin Brace

Amsterdam