[lbo-talk] Chomsky now at No. 1 on Amazon, No. 2 at Barnes & Nobl

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Sun Sep 24 08:04:45 PDT 2006

Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

> I'm sure there are more than a few working-class Venezuelans who do
> not think Chavez represents them, and there should be! If everyone
> agreed with Chavez in Venezuela, it would be creepy. But, at the same
> time, it has to be admitted that the man is popular among a majority
> of working-class Venezuelans and has a lot of supporters in the rest
> of Latin America, the Middle East, and beyond.

Mao and Stalin had many supporters in their country and beyond. They had many supporters here in the U.S., including people who supported them even after their policies became public. I'm not saying that Chavez is as bad as Stalin and Mao, but he still has time to make his black mark on history.

Chuck