[lbo-talk] chavez, bush, the devil and jon stewart

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon Sep 25 20:52:01 PDT 2006

jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net wrote:

> I have no fear of anarchists rather I see them as the
> social equivalent of a chigger bite. Very annoying but
> no real threat to anything. To carry this analogy further
> the posts from such anarchists should be ignored but
> they feel like an itch that needs to be scratched. I should
> exercise greater restraint and simply ignore your rants.
> Unfortunately I seem to lack the self-control do this.

Well, you wrote some entertaining posts -- and saved the rest of us from the urge to scratch the same itch. But on the whole ignoring is best.

I've known anarchists, however, who unlike Chuck did know the meaning of solidarity, and one could talk to them. There are/have been some on this list in fact. Anarchists can also be deeply devisive and then cease to be merely annoying. There is an entertaining tale of Big Bill Haywood strapping on a 44 and muttering that he had to go clean out a nest of anarchists in some local(I think Alberquerque) of the IWW.

Carrol