[lbo-talk] chavez, bush, the devil and jon stewart

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 25 21:35:35 PDT 2006

"Chuck0-as-list-representative-of-the-entirety-of-anarchism" is something I'd caution people against, as appealing as it might be for folks who don't like anarchism anyway, no matter what wisdom there is in that tradition.

(And there is a lot, incidentally, whether some people like it or not).

-B.

jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net wrote:

"Meanwhile the hyper-individualist-anarchists have decreed that even if Stewarts middle of the road-ish humour helps in some small way to set a US public mindset in opposition to Chavez criticising it is absolutely not allowed. Criticizing Chavez from a 'wonderbreadish' perspective is deemed more than merely acceptable but is labelled "Brilliant" by these mutualists. This is not however a double standard even if it appears to be to the non-anarchist eye since Chavez is a tool of the left wing of capital and Stewart is a brilliant slightly left bourgeois TV personality. "

Chuck0 wrote:

"Well, I'm not an individualist anarchist, so I have no idea who you are talking about."