[lbo-talk] chavez, bush, the devil and jon stewart

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 26 12:20:20 PDT 2006

>From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com>
>
>... Chuck0 isn't the last word on anarchism ..

I would think anarchism by definition would be highly last-word-resistant.

Looking to the other, doctrinally dense, end of the spectrum, I was impressed to see that the Catholic Church not only has excommunication but different *varieties* of excommunication -- they really get down to the fine points of giving the old heave-ho. Just today the Vatican excommunicated a Zambian bishop "Latae sententie." <http://www.nytimes.com/2006/09/26/world/europe/27bishopcnd.html>

Carl