[lbo-talk] No road rage, but trains are stressful ...

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 27 10:29:10 PDT 2006

>All in all, though, I think commuting to Manhattan via the
>LIRR is slightly less shitty than traveling by car because you can at least
>read on the train, so the time isn't completely wasted.
>
>Carl

You can read in a car. This is from an interview (funnily enough in today's paper) with Michael L. Brown, commissioner of the California Highway Patrol. He also says 4,000 people a year die in traffic collisions in California.

>We have people brushing their teeth. We still
>have people putting on makeup. We have people
>shaving. I remember, back in the '70s

writing

http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/california/la-me-chp27sep27,1,7371493,print.story?coll=la-headlines-pe-california